Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Teaching, Writing, Editing, Softball and Poets by BJ Neblett


Image by Alex Kie

Just a brief note to bring you up to date and let all know I am still alive! It's been a crazy, busy new year so far. I recently finished teaching my Short Story and Shorter Stories class at Hugo House. It will be offered again soon. In the mean time I'll be teaching Intro To Fiction beginning May 23. And keep in mind I have a new class coming up in the summer about writing compelling and original time travel in fiction. Stay tuned for more details and dates/times.
I have been feverishly editing my friend KJ McPike's new work, book two of her Astralis series. Tenuous is due out late spring and is turning into a great sequel to her award winning Young Adult novel Xodus. It's been a double edge sword as working on her new book has cut into my own writing time, and yet her work has been inspiring and filling me with new ideas for my own latest effort, Princess Haylee. It's book two and the sequel to Planet Alt-Sete-Nine, my own new contemporary fantasy due out this summer/fall. I love the image above and am considering using it and Alex Kie for illustrations. More to come on all this as well, so hang in there!
Despite the rain and cold I've bitten the bullet and returned to softball, what they are calling the "early spring league." Our first outing went well, just a few sprinkles, freezing cold (we play at 8 PM) and a 19 to 3 win. Let's hope this Wednesday is warmer if not drier!
Finally, with all I'm doing lately, I've been seriously neglecting my poetry blog, Here For A Season (the link is to the right). If there are any aspiring and/or established poets out there interested in a guest shot please contact me via my email: bjneblett@gmail.com Let me know a little about yourself and what type of poetry you write and we'll chat. I look forward to seeing some great work in future editions of Here For A Season.
Peace,
BJ

No comments:

Post a Comment