Sunday, February 9, 2014

Fill In The Blank by BJ Neblett

As you may or may not know, 2013 was a pretty rough year for me in many ways. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel, I just hope it is not a speeding train headed my way! I've had the chance to do a lot of thinking and contemplating about life recently, who knows, perhaps too much time. I can honestly say I've come up completely blank. The answers I seek just aren't there. In a classic case of speaking something into existence, it would seem one of my poems has returned to prove itself, or perhaps to haunt me:

          The older I get
          The further I go
          The more I learn
          The less I know

My work, my money, many friends, and even my softball team have been taken from me. And I have no answers, reasons or explanations as to that ultimate question: 'Why?'. I am left with just my health, my writing and my thoughts, and, once again, I have come up short. So I'll just sit back and let you good people fill in the blanks.
Peace,
BJ

         "The (most)______________________man is the one who has nothing left to lose."
         "A man with nothing to lose is _______________."

1 comment: