Saturday, November 28, 2020

Books, Books, More Books And Quotes by BJ Neblett

 Books, Books, More Books And Quotes by BJ Neblett

Hello again. I thought I'd give you a bit of diversion from clicking the refresh button on the Black Friday sale of Nintendo Switch while you try and digest your turkey. Oh, I got my Switch with a Mario Kart 8 bundle on Wednesday. It took from 4 PM until 8:30 PM but was worth the effort. Anyway, for those of you who are familiar with the yearly NaNoWriMo, I've been using it as an incentive to get a jump on Book 3 of Planet Alt-Sete-Nine. I finished Book 2 Princess Haylee and it is in the hands of my publisher. He promises a February, 2021 release. Also, my very talented writer buddy KJ McPike put the cap on her Astrilis series and has started a new series and we fell into this friendly competition, as we always seem to do. The goal of NaNoWriMo is to write 50,000 words in the 30 days of November. With two days to go, KJ and I are about neck and neck. Thing is, I'm just writing words, getting chapters fleshed out. KJ, perfectionist that she is, I'm sure is pumping out wonderful first drafts. Come December, when we start exchanging chapters as we do to critique (read: tear apart) each other's work, I'll be getting neat and orderly structure, while she'll be getting my hot mess. Serves her right... KJ's book, Paths Uncertain is the final chapter in the Souls Untethered Saga, and is available everywhere.

By the way, links to all the works sited are within the text as well as below. Just click the highlight!

As release date draws closer, I'll post a short preview of Book two Planet Alt-Sete-Nine: Princess Haylee. And hopefully, down the line I'll post some quick excerpts of Book Three Planet Alt-Sete-Nine: War Of The Wizards here for your enjoyment.

In the mean time, the book of quotes I mention a few posts back has just been released. The Motivational Book Of Poetry And Quotes is published by the good folks at Wingless Dreamer and has some stirring works of poetry and memorable quotes, including two of mine. It is beautifully hard bound and a great addition to book shelves and coffee table tops. Check it out.

Ok, back to writing. Can't let KJ get a head of me. And, since I'm planning on the paperback release of my New Millennialism collection of short stories Wouldn't It Be Funny If... to also be released in 2021, I figure maybe I can give my publisher a heart attack by sending him a third book within one year. Might be good for sales. I can see the headlines now: THE BOOK THAT KILLED A MAN! 

Ha! Take care and have a great and safe holidays.

Planet Alt-Sete-Nine

    Book 1: The Lost Princess

    Book 2: Princess Haylee

The Motivational Book Of Poetry And Quotes

Paths Uncertain by KJ McPike

No comments:

Post a Comment