Friday, June 4, 2021

The Impossible "Friends" Trivia Quiz by BJ Neblett

 The Impossible "Friends" Trivia Quiz by BJ Neblett

Something just a bit different for you this time. We are all aware of the famous 90s sitcom "Friends". With the reunion show now airing on HBO Max, and of course the episodes airing nearly non-stop on stations such as TBS, TV Land, and local channels, you can't kick a cat without hearing something about the ubiquitous program. I, too, must confess a certain affection for the show. I find it and other TV shows I am intimately familiar with a nice diversion to have on in the background, while I write my novels.

Let me pause here and explain that I am also blessed (?) cursed (?) with a head for trivia. I notice and pick up on things that others may not catch and they tend to stay with me. Unfortunately, this ability didn't seem to transfer well to school work, much to my parent's consternation. And so my brain is awash with little known or cared about tidbits of info on divergent topics ranging from TV and music to history, cars, and the Three Stooges. Actually, a very useful trait being a writer. And so I decided to write a book about the "Friends" TV program titled, The Official Friends Spotters Guide. However, Warner Brothers, the show's owners, in their Capitalistic view, would have none of it. And the rich get richer.

However, if I understand my blogging rights correctly, there is nothing that says I cannot write about "Friends", or any other TV program here on my personal blog. Keeping in mind, of course, plagiarism and other liabilities.

And so, as an honest homage to a fine piece of TV history.  Just for the fun of it. And without giving away any cooperate secrets or exposing any skeletons, I have compiled a list of twelve fun "Friends" trivia questions for the most diehard of viewers. I will post the answers for you right here in a couple of days or so. In the meantime, enjoy and try not to hurt yourself. 

One last piece of advice: If you get even just one of these correct, switch off the TV, get up off the couch, and go outside with the three-dimensional people.

1) What was Monica's apartment number when Rachel moved in?

2) How many times did Ross and Rachel have sex?

3) What was 'Ugly Naked Guy's' apartment number?

4) Monica had what make of refrigerator?

5) What make is the blue message board on Chandler and Joey's door?

6) What are the street names at the intersection where Monica and Rachel's apartment is located?

7) When Chandler buys all new furnishings for their apartment, to try and make amends with Joey, what cookie jar figurine appears on top of the microwave?

8) When Chandler and Joey are robbed, what is left written on the blue message board?

9) What is different about the big orange couch at Central Perk in the first episode?

10) With what company is Rachel's first job in fashion?

11) What changes in Central Perk from time to time?

12) What kind of guitar does Phoebe play?

No comments:

Post a Comment