Sunday, February 21, 2021

Never Fear Never Give Up by BJ Neblett

 Never Fear Never Give Up by BJ Neblett


I have often quipped that "The trouble with writers is they aren't as smart as their characters." Cleaver saying notwithstanding, I have come to believe in my own words. Many of you already know of my writing habits and how I listen to my characters tell their tale. I believe that many great writers produce works in much the same manner. And I am constantly amazed at the wisdom of my characters when I read over what I have just written... or better put, what I have just transcribed. You can read many of these bits of wisdom right here, as from time to time I post some of my character's quotes.

While working on chapter four of Planet Alt-Sete-Nine: War Of The Wizards, the third book in my contemporary speculative fiction series Planet Alt-Sete-Nine, I was privy to some sage advice administered by a pair of wizards. The advice they shared with me has great importance and impact on the world we live in today, a world marked with frustrations at nearly every turn. Yes, there is a light at the end of the long dark tunnel, and we will emerge a bit worse for the wear but better for it. Yet, we sometimes spend so much time concerned about the why, that we often stumble trying to get through the what.

Here we are reminded by the Grand Mage Illume of the greater powers over which we have no control: 

"Change, sired by the unexpected and spawned by chance, remains nature's single greatest mystery, its secrets jealously guarded."

Change is inevitable. Be it good or bad or indifferent; deliberate or accidental or unaccountable, change is the single biggest driving force in our lives. We fight it, but in the end, we must surrender to its capricious whims.

But fear not. There is a grand purpose to the universe. And though we may wander at times, we are all on the proper track. In the words of the Great Wizard Inhodu: 

"Our destinies were set in the heavens long before the suns and stars were born. You must remember that everything has its purpose, and everything happens for a reason. I am here for a reason. As are you, and you and you. Each person’s purpose is as different as the individual pursuing it. Yet they all point to a single grand reason. Every occurrence is a link in a chain of events, constantly moving towards the grand purpose. It is a purpose much greater than any of us.  Sometimes an occurrence causes a break in the chain. You may alter your future, choose a different path. But your destiny is set and cannot be changed. It is the nature of things to right themselves and to continue. Destiny will win out.”

So fear not my friend. Choose your future and keep your eye on your destiny. You are on the right path, though it may not seem so at times. Never fear and never give up. We will all get through this together.

Peace

BJ

No comments:

Post a Comment