Sunday, May 24, 2020

More Neat Stuff by BJ Neblett

More Neat Stuff by BJ Neblett

Last time I answered several requests that I had received to show a few of the guitars you see in some of my photos. While my collection is cool, space and budget limitations tend to dictate what I can and can't collect. If you saw my apartment you'd understand. And while I'm a sucker for a vintage photo, poster or autographed album or book, I don't think I could find a bare spot left on my walls hang a tiny 5x7 postcard. That being said, yes I'm still collecting. And for those who also have space and monetary considerations, here are a few neat items that take up much less real estate.

                           
Guitar pick guards are a less expensive and very cool way to collect and display your rock memorabilia. They can be framed separate or in a collage, or just hung as is, which is how I like to show them off. Here we have autographed pick guards from surf guitarist great Dick Dale (top left) whom I met at a local club several years ago. I've since removed the guard from the cheap Strat knock-off. Dion (top right) the early doo-wop singer I worked with many times back in the day. All four of the original Ventures (bottom left) the PNW band that made instrumentals cool in the 60s, including the theme from Hawaii Five-O. Again, removed from the Telecaster. And the crazy scribbling of Frankie Valli (bottom right) of Four Seasons fame. I also have a very cool and unusual Les Paul pick guard signed by both Eric Clapton and Les Paul!
Signed artists book bios in my collection include: Johnny Cash, the Drifters, Carole King, Darlene Love, Scotty Moore, and a few others. From guitar picks to guitars, pictures to posters, rock memorabilia makes for fun collecting and great wall art. Next time maybe we'll check out some of my vintage posters and signed records. But right now I've got to get back to writing. I promised my publisher Planet-Alt-Sete-Nine Princess Haylee by the end of the year. Look for it and the paperback edition of my collection of New Millennialism short stories, Wouldn't It Be Funny It... (available now as an ebook) around Christmas time or so.
Peace,
BJ

No comments:

Post a Comment