Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Facial Stitches, Poetry and Downtime

Regular readers of my blog will be aware of the results of my last softball game of the season. Those of you who aren't just scroll down to my last entry: Deja Vu All Over Again, September 16, 2014. Kids, don't try this at home!
As a result, from September 30 thru October 1 or 2, the good folks at First Hill Campus of Swedish Hospital here in Seattle will be busy rebuilding my face. (They promised I wouldn't look too much like Frankenstein's monster... I even suggested to them to do a nip here, a tuck there and take care of the old eye bags) This will be especially fun for me since I am not exactly fond of hospitals. Anyone who knows me will tell you I have to have a VERY good reason to even go into one for a visit.
I've laid in a stock of soup, cottage cheese and pudding. I've already been living on Ramen Soup for the past two weeks! As soon as I am able, I will post new blogs, not sure how long that will be since I am on my own here. Maybe I'll even throw in a couple of 'after' pics. Until then, take care, thanks for reading and be sure to share the love.
Oh, the good news: five of my poems will be featured in the new issue of Five Poetry, available through Amazon, B&N, etc. Not sure of the issue date, should be this month or early next. As soon as I am able I'll make a post and link.
BJ

No comments:

Post a Comment