Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Valentine's Day by BJ Neblett

Due to many requests, I have set up a new blog site just for my poetry and other thoughts and ramblings titled Here For A Season. You can follow the link above or type www.hereforaseason.blogspot.com
As a sampling, and in keeping with the season here is a poem from a few years back. I'll be updating the site every week or two. As always, please feel free to comment.
Peace,
BJ


          Valentines Day

Candy coated memories
Sugar sprinkled fears
Chocolate drops of sorrow
Bitter and sweet tears

Greeting cards of perfumed verse
Hearts with painted lies
Words that melt in your mouth
Rose that wilts and dies

Lover’s kisses passion’s touch
All grow cold in time
Promise to forget-me-not
Be my Valentine


                                                            Raybrook, NY
                                                            November, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment