Saturday, August 11, 2012

Let It Bleed by BJ Neblett

First let me thank everyone who has been following my blog. I hope you have enjoyed the short stories and rants and ramblings. I'll continue to post my stories here, you continue to comment and sent you feedback. In case you didn't know (why would you) almost all of my short stories and my first novel Elysian Dreams were written the old fashioned way...by hand on legal pad. As you can imagine, it takes some time to transcribe them on to the computer. Next week I hope to have a short story/essay up about the day I took a hard line drive to my right eye. (Aside from writing, baseball/softball is my other passion/vice.)
This week's exciting news is that I just finished my second book. Ice Cream Camelot is a memoir about my growing up during the Kennedy era. It's a look into my early life as well as a brief history lesson on the crazy early '60's. With the fiftieth anniversary of Kennedy's assassination coming up next year, we are shooting for a late winter/early spring release. I'm sure there will be thousands of stories, articles, books, TV specials and such during 2013 about that portentous day. Ice Cream Camelot attempts to show the every day life of a young boy coming of age and greatly influenced by our youngest president. as we get closer to publication I'll probably post some excerpts here.
I've been asked several times how it feels to write such a personal and telling memoir. Ice Cream Camelot pulls no punches. It's not the Wonder Years revisited. I was no saint growing up. Writing it wasn't the easiest thing I've ever done, that's for sure. The best way I can describe writing Ice Cream Camelot is this: It was like finding my deepest artery, cutting it open, and just letting it bleed. And it all did come out as you'll read. I am extremely pleased with the way the book turned out and am anxious to get your feedback.
Till next time, as i used to close my radio shows... The message is in the music!
Peace,
BJ

No comments:

Post a Comment