Saturday, April 18, 2020

Riddle Answered And A Peek Inside Princess Haylee: Planet Alt-Sete-Nine Book Two by BJ Neblett

Ok, I planned to let you ponder a bit longer, but my email box is flooded and I'm afraid the good folks at gmail might shut me down. Thank you for all the replies and answers. A couple of you actually got it right...I assume it is because you too have found true love!
So here is the answer to the riddle, taken directly from my writing notes for my next book, Princess Haylee: Planet Alt-Sete-Nine Book Two. I am presently looking at a late fall 2020 publishing date.
Peace,
BJ

copyright 2020, BJ Neblett

Crossing the Royal Forest, Cailey, Haylee and Azami come to a river. The bridge is guarded by an ogre. He says they must answer a riddle to gain the right to pass.
But Cailey challenges him and they fight with swords. After a fierce fight, she has bested him and holds him on his back at sword point.
Suddenly Haylee steps forward. “By the blessed bones of old King Rhamen I command you to stop! Put your weapon away!”
“And who are you to dare call upon the name of good King Rhamen?” the ogre calls out.
“I am his daughter, Princess Haylee.”
“If you truly are the lost Princess then answer me this: When we sleep we have dreams but know not of reality. When we awaken we have reality but know not of dreams. When is it then that we have both?”
“Enough of this foolishness, my Lady; permit me to run him through that we may continue our journey and this passage be open to all.”
“No.” Haylee thinks for a moment. Images of her and Jake together fill the Princess’ mind as tears fill her eyes. She remembers… and she understands. “I have been asleep,” she answers. “And I have been awake. But only when we are in love can we know both the dreams and the reality.”
Just then a beam of sunlight shines down from Amber. It touches the ogre, surrounding him with a golden aura. It grows brighter, causing the others to turn away. A moment later it is gone and the ogre had been transformed into a young warrior.

No comments:

Post a Comment